Navigation auf


UZH for International Students and Scholars

Visits & Exchange at UZH

Students at Irchel Campus

Explore UZH for a few months or a full year!

Visiting the University of Zurich (UZH) as a student or researcher provides insights into one of Europe's top-ranked universities, enriches your academic portfolio, and allows you to explore Zurich and the nearby Alps. There are different opportunities to explore UZH for a few months or a full year. Find out what fits to your situation.

Exchange Programs

If you are a student from one of our partner universities, you can spend one or two semesters at UZH. To become an exchange student at UZH you need a nomination by your home university.

Learn more about an exchange at UZH

Visiting Study Programs

If your university has no partnership agreement with UZH, you can plan a mobility stay or pursue a research project at UZH as a visiting student.

Learn more about visiting student programs

UZH International Summer Schools

If you are looking for a shorter program, our UZH International Summer Schools might be perfect for you. You can learn from world-leading experts, interact with students from all over the world, and enjoy summer at the lake of Zurich and the nearby Alps.

Check out our summer school programs 

Traineeships at UZH for Students

If you want to get to know UZH and gain valuable research experience at the same time, you might consider a traineeship. Students from Erasmus+ program countries/universities can learn more about our programs here: 

Apply for a traineeship at UZH

Visiting Scholars (Academic Guests)

If you plan to visit UZH for a research project while staying employed or enrolled at your home university, then learn more about opportunities for visiting scholars / academic guests. 

Services for visiting scholars / academic guests.

Visa, Entry and Residence Permit

For detailed information on what you need to take into account before travelling to Switzerland, please refer to the Visa, Entry and Residence Permit and to our FAQs for international students and scholars pages for general information to the following pages for specific programs:


For exchange students, trainees and invited visiting students

For regular visiting students

For UZH International Summer School Students

For Traineeships

For Visiting Scholars/Academic Guests


Weiterführende Informationen

Contact for Exchange and Visiting Students, and for Traineeships

Exchange opportunities in a mobility program and opportunities for visiting students:
Global Student Experience
University of Zurich
Raemistrasse 71
CH-8006 Zurich
Opening hours: Mon–Fri, 09:30–12:30

Information for Visiting Scholars

Please find further information for visiting scholars / academic guests on our visiting scholars website.

FAQ for International Students and Scholars